Starts with the letter 'S'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Sagittar Chess. Introducing the Sagittar, a bifurcation cannon related to the Korean cannon, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Samnis Chess. Introducing the Samnis, which combines rook-capture with bifurcated bounce-movement, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- SASR chess symbols. Minimalistic graphics for chess and variants. By Ola Sassersson.
- Scacchi Eterodossi Club. Italian/English website for online playing of chessvariants. Author: Filiberto Pivirotto.
- Scatha. Simple open-source hexagonal chess playing engine. Author: Tord Romstad.
- SchemingMind.com Internet Correspondence Chess Club . Missing description Author: Austin Lockwood.
- Scout Chess. Introducing the Scout, combining queen-captures with Camelrider moves (zrf exists). By M Winther.
- Sculptures by James Killian Spratt -- Three New Chess Variations . Beautiful chess sets created by a sculptor of three of his own Chess variations plus Jetan. Author: James Killian Spratt.
- Secutor Chess. Introducing the Secutor piece, and new collision-capture, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Seirawan Chess. invented by GM Yasser Seirawan, a conservative drop chess (zrf available). Author: M Winther. Inventor: Yasser Seirawan and Bruce Harper.
- Seirawan Chess. FIDE chess, put players have N+R and N+B in hand to drop. Inventor: Yasser Seirawan and Bruce Harper.
- Senterej . Missing description
- Shamanic Chess . Pieces may be transformed into 'Shamans'. By M Winther.
- Shamanic Chess. Pieces may be transformed into 'Shamans'. By M Winther.
- Shatra . Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture.
- Shatranj Elephants. Shatranj-like game, but with all short-range, limited-capturing pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Shatranj Elephants. Missing description By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Shatranj for Four. 4-handed Shatranj. Author: M Winther.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Shatranj Plus . Play four large historical variations of Shatranj including Tamerlane Chess! Author: Malcolm Maynard.
- Shocky. A program that plays Shogi. Author: Pauli Misikangas.
- Shogessi (The Allday Wars) . An original large, multiplayer Chess/Shogi variant.
- Shogi 3D. Three dimensional version of Japanese Chess. By Larry L. Smith.
- Shogi : Japan's Game of Strategy. Missing description Author: Trevor Leggett.
- Shogi for Beginners. Missing description
- Shogi for Chess Players. Introduction to Shogi geared for western chess players. Author: Douglas Crockford.
- The Shogi Foundation. Organization selling books on Shogi and a portable shogi set.
- Shogi Variant Program. Home page of a freeware program, that allows humans to play shogi and 11 variants of shogi. (Link.).
- Shogi Variant Software . Index of shogi variant software (in Japanese). Author: Edward Strickland.
- Shogi Variants Site. Wikipedia dedicated to Shogi Variants. Author: Joseph Peterson.
- Shogi web site . Web site on Shogi and its variants.
- Shou Dou Qui . Printable Board and Pieces. Author: Jan Horinek.
- Simply XiangQi. Correspondence Chinese Chess (Xiangqi) website. By Andy .
- Sir Bombalot. A variant of chess with pieces offering a myriad of different options at any given time. Inventor: Bruce Harper and Duncan Suttles.
- Sittyuin. Burmese Chess. Author: Malcolm Maynard.
- Sjeng : a chess-and-variants playing program . Freeware program that plays chess and some variants, like giveaway chess and bughouse.
- Skandaran Chess. Download Skandaran Chess at Zillions Website. By Francisco Marzoa.
- SMIRF. Program that plays various 8x10 chess variants. Author: Reinhard Scharnagl.
- Solitaire Laboratory. Michael Keller's Game and Puzzle Pages.
- The Sons of Mithra. Computer program for playing fantasy variant. Author: Michael Chang Gummelt. Inventor: Michael Chang Gummelt and Holly Gummelt.
- SphereChess . Downloadable files to play a spherical chess variant. By Lukas A. Saul.
- Squadron Chess. Uses only one type of piece besides the King. By Ken Franklin.
- ST3DRoth. Charlie Roth's Revision of Star Trek 3D Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Charles Roth and Andrew Bartmess.
- Stability Chess. Designed to minimize the first-move advantage by white, maximize fairness, and simplify the rules of chess. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Various.
- Stahlberg Chess. Regular pieces plus a Swedish Cannon and a Chancellor, which are dropped onto the board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Stanley Random Chess . Missing description Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Austin Lockwood.
- Star Chess. 3d-chess variant on two round levels. (Link.).
- Star Trek 3D Chess for Tournaments. A variation of Star Trek 3D Chess designed for tournament play. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Jens Meder and Andrew Bartmess.
- Startchess.com . Chess search engine.
- Steeple Chess . Crossover between race game and chess.
- Step and Circle TrigChess. Presentation of a short example game. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Stheno Chess. Introducing the repulsive Stheno, which repels pieces as far as possible in the alignment direction (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Stoltz Chess. Regular pieces plus a Swedish Cannon and an Archbishop, which are dropped onto the board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- StrateGems . Chess problem magazine. Author: Ben Good.
- Strategy for Losing Chess . Website with strategic tips for Giveaway chess.
- String Chess. A one-dimensional variant with a fairy theme. Author: Mathew M. Burke. Inventor: Aaron Hall.
- Suicide Chess. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/suicide-chess-free/b89dc1a3-2d23-410d-b580-aaaff54d81f5. By Freederick .
- Super-Chess. www.oteroideas.com. By Superuser .
- Swedish Cannon Chess. Introducing the Swedish Cannon, a cannon similar to the Korean, but well suitable for a Western piece context (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Symmetrical Chess Collection. Collection of several large symmetric chess variants with only line pieces. Author: Derek Nalls and Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Derek Nalls.
- Symmetrical Chess Collection. Collection of several large symmetric chess variants with only line pieces. By Derek Nalls.
- The Symmetrical Chess Collection . Web site containing a collection of Chess Variants based on perfect symmetry. By Derek Nalls.
- Synchronous Chess. Chess played with written simultaneous moves. By Ralf Hansmann.
Top of page
Total items listed: 63