Starts with the letter 'M'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
Week ending Apr 08, 2017
- Macrochess . Board is formed by having a 4 by 4 grid at each side of a cube. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
Week ending Oct 03, 2015
- Multi-Dimensional Multi-Player (MDMP) Chess. 2-8 player Chess, traditional and alternate armies, optional laser. By Donald Cimics.
Week ending Apr 09, 2011
Week ending Mar 26, 2011
Week ending May 16, 2009
- Mathewson's Hexagonal Chess. Glinski Hexagonal chess, but with different layout. By Richmond Mathewson.
Week ending Sep 13, 2008
- MiniXiang. Missing description Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Mad Queen Shogi. Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
Week ending Jan 19, 2008
- Matron Chess. Introducing the peculiar Matron queen, which makes regular chess more aggressive (zrf available). By M Winther.
Week ending Oct 06, 2007
Week ending Oct 21, 2006
- Mangonel Chess. Introducing the remarkable Mangonel piece, which can hurl pieces over its head, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
Week ending Oct 14, 2006
- Magneticpawns Chess. Introducing the magnetic pawn, which can dislocate an enemy piece by magnetic force. Regular board and pieces (zrf available). By M Winther.
Week ending Oct 07, 2006
- Meridian Chess. Introducing the Meridian, bishop-capture combined with bifurcated bounce-move, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
Week ending Sep 23, 2006
- Murmillo Chess. Introducing the Murmillo piece, and new collision-capture, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
Week ending Sep 16, 2006
- Mortar Chess. Introducing another piece named Mortar, a form of cannon, on an H-shaped board. Positionally advanced. With zrf. By M Winther.
Week ending Feb 04, 2006
Week ending Oct 15, 2005
Week ending Jul 23, 2005
- Modern Shatranj. A bridge between modern chess and the historic game of Shatranj. Author: Christine Bagley-Jones and David Howe. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
Week ending Jul 09, 2005
Week ending Feb 05, 2005
Week ending Jan 22, 2005
Week ending Jun 21, 2003
- Makruk. Burmese Chess. Author: Malcolm Maynard.
- Maze. Cooperative chesslike game; commercial game. Inventor: Jim Deacove.
Week ending Mar 29, 2003
Week ending Mar 22, 2003
- Mad Mate . Wooden set for chessgi: captured pieces change hands and can be used as reinforcement. Inventor: Alex Randolph.
Week ending Jan 25, 2003
- Millennium Chess . Commercial variant on 15 by 8 board with almost twice the normal set of pieces.
Week ending Jan 11, 2003
- Mouse and Elephant . Large variant of the Jungle game. Inventor: Ulrich Roth.
- Metapontum . Cooperative chessvariant on hexagonal board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hans Theo Frenkel.
Week ending Aug 17, 2002
- Machiavellian Chess. Four-player all-against-all game with unusual pieces; also known as Djambi. Inventor: Jean Anesto.
Week ending Jul 27, 2002
Week ending Apr 20, 2002
- Modern Courier Chess . An attempt to reform the courier game by emulating the development of modern chess. By Paul Byway.
Week ending Jan 26, 2002
- Mutant Chess . Pieces mutate during the game.
Week ending Oct 27, 2001
Week ending Jul 28, 2001
Week ending Feb 24, 2001
- MSO Worldwide . Organizes yearly Mind Sports Olympics.
Week ending Jan 06, 2001
- Magichess . Chess variant that uses ideas from Magic: the Gathering card game. By Dennis Xay Voong.
- Muñiz, Alexandre . Alexandre Muñiz's Web Thing. Author: Alexandre Muñiz.
- Mori, Andrea . Website of Andrea Mori. Author: Andrea Mori.
- La Mecca . Chess Encyclopedia. Author: Maurizio Mascheroni.
Week ending May 20, 2000
- Monochrome Chess . All pieces are the same color. Players move pieces on their side of the board. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Andrew Looney.
Week ending Jan 23, 1999
- MetamorphaChess . Pieces represented by dice change to another type after having moved. Inventor: Robert Dubisch.
Week ending Apr 04, 1998
- Mark Davis's Chess Designs . With a round chess board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Mark Davis.
Week ending Dec 04, -1
Top of page
Total items listed: 42