Starts with the letter 'A'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
Week ending Apr 21, 2018
- Amazons. Amazons and a computer version. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
Week ending Apr 29, 2017
- Anti-Chess. Lose all your pieces to win. Author: Fergus Duniho.
Week ending May 18, 2013
- Angel Chess. D'Autremont's very aggressive variant featuring Amazons that cannot be exchanged (with zrf). Author: M Winther. Inventor: L. P. D'Autremont.
Week ending May 02, 2009
- Arrangement Chess. The players take turns to relocate the king and the queen, thus enhancing opening ramification (with zrf). By M Winther.
Week ending Apr 18, 2009
- Alpaca Chess. Introducing the weak but interesting Alpaca, which hops one or two steps rookwise (with zrf). By M Winther.
Week ending Nov 01, 2008
- Armis. 100 square board with 15 piece types. By Armis Game.
Week ending Aug 09, 2008
- Accessory Chess. A drop variant with one or two external pieces per player (many to choose from). Zillions (zrf) program available. By M Winther.
Week ending Sep 22, 2007
- Adjutant Chess. Introducing the Adjutant that can slide like a queen, but on the same square colour only (with zrf). By M Winther.
Week ending May 19, 2007
- Aviation Chess. Legan's Aviation Chess, popular during WWI, featuring the Aviator piece (with zrf). By M Winther.
Week ending May 12, 2007
- Airplane Chess. Schmittberger's big-board variant featuring the very mobile Airplane (with zrf). By M Winther.
Week ending Apr 21, 2007
- Alternative Chess. A drop variant with one single external piece per player (many to choose from). Zillions (zrf) program available. By M Winther.
Week ending Oct 28, 2006
- Alseid Chess. Introducing the Alseid, which moves like a queen but cannot capture. Instead it can kidnap piece behind a screen (zrf exists). By M Winther.
Week ending Sep 23, 2006
- Amiral Chess. Introducing the Amiral piece and the bounce-capture method on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
Week ending Nov 12, 2005
- American Chess. Large variant. Remove Generals from center columns to win. By Andy Thomas.
Week ending Jun 05, 2004
- Ancient Bulgarian Chess. Web page in Bulgarian with an English version of the page. Slow.
Week ending May 31, 2003
- Abstract Chess. Pieces are represented by stacks of different heights. By João Pedro Neto.
Week ending Nov 23, 2002
- Arimaa. Uses same equipment as Chess, but designed to be difficult for computers. By Omar Syed and Aamir Syed.
Week ending Dec 01, 2001
- Assideum. Game on 8 by 8 board with differenly moving pieces. Author: Doug Garand.
Week ending Mar 15, 1997
- Andromi. Game with simple rules. Inventor: Ronald D. Planesi.
Week ending Dec 04, -1
- Ackanomic Party Chess. Multiplayer chess inside a `Nomic' game. Author: Uri Bruck.
Top of page
Total items listed: 20