Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Alfil. Jumps two diagonally (see Alfil).
- Camel. An elongated Knight making a (3, 1) leap.
- Dabbabah. Historical piece leaping two squares horizontally or vertically.
- The Elephant. Jumps two diagonally (see Alfil).
- Ferz. Moves one diagonally.
- Giraffe. Makes (1,4)-jump.
- King. Royal piece moving one in arbitrary direction.
- Knight (a.k.a. Horse). Makes a (1,2)-jump.
- Manticore. Moves one space orthogonally, then slides outward as a Bishop.
- Pawn. Moves straight forward, takes diagonally forwards, and can promote.
- Rook (a.k.a. Chariot). Moves across unobstructed orthogonal line.
- Wazir. Moves one square orthogonally.
Piececlopedia and Historical | Piececlopedia and Chess
Historical | Chess
Top of page
|12 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||4 'Orthodox chess' entries listed|
|2 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Oriental' entry listed|
|12 'From ancient times' entries listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 12