Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- 21st Century chess . A Zillions file to play an updating of Chess for the video game generation, on a 10x8 board with Barons and Jesters.
- 4 Armies . Each player controls two armies.
- A9 HexaChess Zillions Zip . Missing description
- Abagoren Chess. Old Bulgarian Chess variant for Zillions of Games.
- Abagoren Macedonian Chess . Missing description
- Abecedarian Big Chess (ABChess) . Design-your-own chess armies on a big board.
- Achernar . ACHERNAR is a mix of the game ALTAIR and Western Chess.
- Ajax Chess . Missing description
- Al-ces . Variant on 10 by 10 board with 30 pieces per player.
- Alekhine Chess. Named in honor of Alexander Alekhine, World Chess Champion 1927-1935, 1937-1946.
- All in 1 . Missing description
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor.
- Ambi-Chess . Large board with two kings, move a member of each of two armies each turn.
- American Chess. Large variant. Remove Generals from center columns to win.
- Antarctic Chess or Predators and Penguins . Missing description
- Arabian Nights Chess . Large modern variant of historic Shatranj, with more pieces and flying carpets.
- Asylum Chess . Includes new game that features dual path compound pieces: the Loony Snake Rook and the Insane Snake Bishop.
- Asylum Redux . Introducing the Loony Snake Rook and Insane Snake Bishop. Also starring the dangerous and superfast Ninja Pawns!
- AtTENdance Chess . Missing description
- Australian Football Chess. Game based on Australian Rules Football and Chess.
- AvantGarde Chess . A font-named variant that adds a Centaur and a Man to the standard setup.
- Azchess . Missing description
- Azchessimp . Missing description
- Azsymchess . Missing description
- Azsymchess pawns shuffler . Missing description
- Azsymchess1024 . Missing description
- Azsymchessdrop(Improved) . Missing description
- Azsymdrop(Updated)) . Missing description
- Bach Dang Chess . Game on board of 88 squares, with Ships and other special pieces and rules.
- Back-to-Back Chess . Both sides start "Back-to-Back", seperated by an uncrossable line on a specially-shaped 100 square board.
- Ball's AKA Military Chess . Variant on 10x10 board with military-themed short-range pieces where the goal is to occupy one of your opponent's center squares.
- Battle Chieftain Chess . Warriors and a king fight on a board with walls and holes.
- Beastmaster Chess . Large chess variant with a fantasy theme, emphasizing leaping pieces.
- Beautiful Sun Chess (Meiriqi) . 10x10 blend of FIDE, Shogi, and Xiangqi influences.
- Besiege Chess . Large variant with White on either side, Black in center.
- Bifocal Chess . A game without capture : win by checkmate with a neutral piece!
- Big Battle . Large (10x10), commercial variant.
- Big Chess . Chess variant on a 14 by 8 square board with extra Pawns, Knights and Bishops.
- Big Outer Chess . Large variant with concentric circles on the board, so there is less concentration on the center.
- Big Pawn Chess . Missing description
- Bilateral Chess . Game on 12x8 board adding Lions, switching Cannons, Wizards and pushing Elephants, but keeping the standard array in the middle.
- Birds and Ninjas . Featuring the Flying Bombers that fly over to capture, and the short-range Ninja Guards that capture two enemy pieces at once.
- Black Hole Chess . Variant on board with 100 squares with hole in middle of board, combination pieces and hiding squares for kings.
- The Blindly Game . Missing description
- BlockChess. Decimal variant with standard pieces starting out in the corners.
- Bomberman . Variant on 8 by 10 board with bombs and diffusers.
- British Chess ZRF . ZRF for British-themed variant with a royal Queen + Lions, Unicorns & Dragons.
- Cannons of Chesstonia . Cannons launch a Pawn, Wazir, Ferz and Stone to increase strategical and tactical play.
- Canonical Chess Variants . A family of chess variants that blends Xiang Qi and Western Chess.
- Capablanca's chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Cardmate . Chess variant on board with 100 squares, inspired by card games.
- Carnage . Features new pieces that attack by detonation, withdrawal, approach, and immobilization.
- Carrera Drop Chess. Game with extra cannons.
- Catapults of Troy . Large variant with a river, catapults, archers, and trojan horses!
- Cazaux Chess. Some chess variants invented by Jean-Louis Cazaux, along with some others.
- CC chess . Missing description
- CCC-FF . Missing description
- CCC-FF(updated) with zrf.file. Missing description
- CCChess new generations. Missing description
- CCChess-FF(In-Yan variant). Missing description
- Centaur Royal and Double Centaur Royal . Missing description
- Centennial Chess . 10x10 Variant that adds Camels, Stewards, Rotating Spearmen and Murray Lions to the standard mix.
- The Chance Game . Missing description
- Chaturanga 10x10. Missing description
- Chaturanga 4-84 . An Updating of Chaturanga for Four Players with modern pieces on an 84-square board.
- Chesquerque . Variant played on a quadruple Alquerque board.
- Chess Battle . Military-themed Chess variant on a large board, invented in the Soviet Union in 1933.
- Chess II . Two extra files with two additional pieces (princes) on each side.
- Chess on a 12 by 12 Board . Orthodox chess but with additional squares around the setup.
- Chess on a Larger Board with not so few Pieces Dropped . Game with an interesting mix of Orthochess and Exotic pieces, some of which start in-hand.
- Chess on a Longer Board with a few Pieces Added . On a 10 row by 8 column board, with three new pieces.
- Chess Soccer . Chess Soccer game on a 9x9 board with no Pawns, no Captures, two goals and one ball.
- Chess with Batteries . Special Battery piece which augments the powers of other pieces.
- Chess with Ultima, Rococo and Supremo Pieces . A series of variants with the Orthochess array transplanted to a 10x10 board and various exotic pieces added.
- Chesseract . Four dimensional chess variant.
- Chessopoly . Board with a hole in the middle where pawns move clockwise.
- Chu Shogi . Shogi variant on 12 by 12 board.
- Chu Shogi Western . Missing description
- Citadel Shatranj . A variant of Shatranj, played on a ten by ten board with four extra citadel.
- The Clash of Civilizations Chess (Updated) . Missing description
- The Clash of Continents Chess . Missing description
- Cobra Chess . Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces, including the Cobra.
- Coherent Chess . Variant on 9 by 9 board with special knights.
- Colossus . With twice the number of Rooks, Bishops and Knights. Also includes 5 new variants with exotic pieces.
- Counsellor Chess . Variant on 12 by 8 board that adds Elephants and Counsellors.
- Courier 'de la Dama' . Courier Chess with a Modern Queen and other changes for more dynamic play.
- Courier Chess . A large historic variant from Medieval Europe.
- Courier-Spiel . This is a more modern variant of Courier Chess in 19th.
- Courrier Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Cross-Eyed Chess . Two player variant on cross-shaped board.
- Crowded Angle 10x10 Chess . Variant where pieces are set up in a L-shape on a 10x10 board.
- Cuban Chaturang. 10x10 variant from Havana with Vampire Bats that move as King, Knight or Zebra.
- Dabbabante Chess. Variant played on a 10x10 board with Super Dabbabah pieces.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century.
- Decima . Missing description
- Delegating Chess . 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers.
- Dervish Chess . Large variant with a great variety of pieces.
- Diamond Chess 306. A large variant inspired by Tony Paletta's PARACHESS and Fergus Duniho's ASSIMILATION FUSION CHESS.
- Divergent Chess . All pieces capture different than they move without capturing.
- Double Chess . On 16 by 8 board.
- Double Diamond . Irregular board with diagonal orientation.
- Double King Chess . With two kings on a 10 by 8 board.
- Drop Super Symchess (Updated) . Missing description
- DropSSShess . Missing description
- Dual Chess . A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal.
- The Duel . Two hoppers eliminate squares as they go and compete against one another.
- The Duel II . Missing description
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess . Large variant from 18th century England.
- Dunkeys . Missing description
- Durerschess . Dürer's Chess is played on a tiling of tessellating pentagons and diamonds, first described by Albrecht Dürer in 1525.
- Eight Stone Chess . On an 8 by 9 board with eight neutral stones.
- Eight Stone Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Elbow Room . Usual set of pieces and eight additional pawns per player on 8 by 16 board.
- ERB Jetan . Implements different possible rules for Jetan.
- Eric's Great Chess . Modern variant on historic large chess variant.
- Euchess . Grand chess variant on 10 by 10 board.
- Eurasian Chess . Synthesis of European and Asian forms of Chess.
- Excelsior . At certain moments in the game, pieces are moved to an additional 5 by 4 area.
- ExCoCo Chess . Zip file containing zrf and images.
- Fairy Pieces part 1 . zillions file with many shogi pieces.
- Fantasy Grand Chess . Variant of Grand Chess with different armies and fantasy theme.
- Fidchell. Gary Gygax's Fidchell.
- The Final Fight Chess . Missing description
- Flipworld . Pieces are on both sides of a disc.
- FlyingDaggers . Large variant with long leaping pieces.
- FoolsHexagonalChess zrf zip file . Missing description
- Football Chess . A Football/Soccer game played with Chess pieces.
- Franklin Grand Chess . On 10 by 10 board with combination pieces and random setup.
- Free Choice Monadchess . Missing description
- Full Double Chess . 32 pieces each, including all combinations of the basic Chess pieces, on a 16x8 square board.
- The Funny Games . Missing description
- Gala . Historical German variant from the Middle Ages.
- Gigachess . On 14 by 14 board with 20 different pieces.
- Go-Moku with Chess Pieces . Missing description
- Gods on Pluto. Variant with weak pieces and Shogi-style drops.
- Gods on Pluto . Plays with extremely weak pieces, no pawns, and drops.
- Gothic Evolution Chess . Missing description
- Grand Cavalier Chess . The decimal version of Cavalier Chess.
- Grand Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Grand Rider Chess. All pieces except the king are riders.
- Grande Acedrex . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Grande Acedrex . A large variant from 13th century Europe.
- Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi.
- Gross Chess . Play this 144 square variant with Zillions of Games.
- Hadean Chess . Play expanded chess with Ferz/Wazir Sorcerers, Ferz/Wazir Knights, Flying Warmachines. Flying Elephants and Ninja Pawns.
- Haynie's Oblong Chess . Variant on double size chess board.
- Herb Garden Chess . Variant on 7 by 12 board with additional combination pieces.
- Herculean Chess . Extended version of chess features the Flying Bishops, the Flying Chariots, Ninja Pawns, Augmented Knights and Zebras.
- Hexa Decimal . Larger hexagonal chess variant (Zillions of Rules file).
- Hexmate . A two-player variant on a hex board made up of 127, 3-color hexagons.
- Holy Grail . With the extraordinary but deadly Serpent that mutates into the Flying Bomber, Raptor, Cannon, Vao, Stealth Gryphon and more!
- Hyperchess. A chess variant on a board representing 4-D space that closely parallels traditional Chess.
- Influence Chess . Pieces on the top or bottom layer influence which chess pieces may move on the middle layer.
- Insane Ninja Chess . Featuring 2 pairs of powerful multi-directional leaping pieces capable of double capture.
- Insect Chess . On a 12x12 board. All pieces are insect and arachnid representations, with some unique pieces.
- InterGrid Chess . Pieces on corners and on centers of squares of 8 by 8 board.
- Invasion . A military inspired Chess variant played on an 84-squares board.
- The Invisible Man . Missing description
- Jacks and Witches 84 . Variant on 84 squares with special pieces and special squares.
- Javelin Chess . Pieces backed up by an extra row of single-capture Spearmen.
- Jetan . Martian Chess, coming from the book The Chessmen of Mars.
- Jetan, ERB . Implements different possible rules for Jetan.
- Joshua's Chess . Missing description
- Jumping Chess . Pieces capture by jumping. Board has extra edge squares making it 10x10.
- K4Flying . Missing description
- King's Court . Variant on 8 by 12 board with Chancellors and Jesters.
- Knights games . Missing description
- Korean vs Western Chess. Red pieces are from Korean Chess, black pieces are from Western Chess.
- Kozune. A game inspired by, and featuring elements of, Shatranj and Shogi.
- Kristensen's Game . A conscious attempt to restructure Chess from 1948.
- Kung Fu Chess . On a 14x10 board, the pieces in this variant are based on Kung Fu martial arts styles of combat.
- Large Chess ZRF . ZRF for Capablanca's Chess plus variants: Bird's, Aberg's, Grotesque, Univers, Embassy, Janus, Archbishop, New Chancellor + more.
- Leapers Chess. Played upon a 10x10 field with all the pieces having leaping capability.
- Leapers Creeepers. Decimal variant with many leaping pieces.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color.
- Little Cheops. Missing description
- Locusts . Simple chess variant with only two set of pieces on each army.
- The Lonely Wolf . Missing description
- Mad Chess . Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board.
- Magi . Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces.
- Make own Army and Handicap Azsymchess . Missing description
- Matrix Chess . Chess played on a board of tessellating pentagons and diamonds.
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description
- Mideast Chess . Variant on 10 by 10 board, inspired by ancient Tamerlane chess.
- Millennium Chu Shogi . http://pika.cs.nctu.edu.tw/lit/MillenniumShogi.zip.
- Mini Citadel Chess . Mate the king or occupy a citadel of your opponent.
- Modern Chess . A variant on a 9 by 9 board.
- Modern Kamil . A set of variants adding Camels or Camel-like pieces to the Orthochess array.
- Monadchess . Missing description
- Monaddropchess . Missing description
- MonadDropII (Mats Winther Method) . Missing description
- MonadrandomChess . Missing description
- MoQi. MoQi, or Demon Game, is played upon a 10x10 field.
- Mustang . Missing description
- Nahbi Chess . Variant on 10 by 10 board with equator, Nahbi's and Archers.
- Nine Square Chess . With additional `Joker' piece on nine by nine board.
- Not-particularly-new Chess . A fairly restrainted variant on a 9x8 board, with Cardinals, Unicorns and Jesters.
- Octa-Ashtapada. 8x8x8 variant with powerful armies and the potential for multiple royal pieces per side.
- Octopus Chess . Featuring the Octopus, the Sorcerer Snake, the Ferz Knight, the Wazir Knight and the Ninja Pawns.
- Odin's Rune Chess . Missing description
- Omega chess . Commercial chess variant on board with 104 squares.
- Omega Chess Extended . Missing description
- Omega Transplant . The Warmachine Alfil , the Camel Ferz, the Ninja Pawns and the usual suspects battle it out on a new chessboard.
- Open Chess . Large variant with few pawns.
- Operational Chess. Wargame inspired variant played on a wide board.
- Operational Chess 2. Large, wargame inspired variant with ranged pieces.
- Opulent Chess . Zillions file for Opulent Chess.
- Orwell Chess . Three player variant themed on George Orwell's 1984.
- Outback Chess . New pieces on plus-shaped board.
- Pacific Chess . Variant on ten by ten board.
- The Pattern Game . Missing description
- Pent-Ashtapada. A hybrid of Maack's Raumschach and Kogbetliantz' 8x8x8 game.
- Penta War . Huge game with five clans.
- Perfect 12 . 36 pieces per player on 12 by 12 board.
- Pick the Piece Big Chess . Massive collection of games featuring dual path Sorcerer Snake; crooked slider: Octopus and much more.
- Pick-the-Team chess . Make up a list of pieces and choose your pieces from your and your opponents list.
- Piece Promotion Games. Missing description
- Piece Promotion Games 2 . Missing description
- Pillage . Featuring the unique Super Pawn: a powerful short-range piece with promotional capabilities.
- Pillars of Medusa . Download Pillars of Medusa for Zillions of Games!
- The Pit . 10 by 10 board has pit in the middle that can be crossed by Sorcerer piece.
- Ploy . Strategic Game of Maneuver and Capture, 3M Company - 1970.
- Politically Correct Chess. Missing description
- Polyhedron Chess . Large 3-D variant inspired by Tetrahedral Chess.
- Presiding Chess. Decimal variant with added leaping pieces.
- PromoChess . Everything but the king can power up.
- Quang Trung Chess, 2nd edition . On 10 by 10 board with seven mostly new pieces.
- Quantum Chess . Commercial variant with new pieces on 10 by 10 and 12 by 12 boards.
- Quintessential Chess . Large chess variant, with some pieces moving with a sequence of Knight moves in a zigzag line.
- Ramayana Chess . Chess variant inspired by the Ramayana epic.
- Random-Drop Chess . Missing description
- Rank behind Rank . 30 pieces on a side with two Kings each on a 6 by 12 board.
- Raptor Chess . Two pairs of complimentary flying/leaping pieces: the Raptors and the Flying Bombers change the nature of the game.
- Rebel Fury . Missing description
- Renezan's Chess . Proprietary game, Bi Triad, 1993. Inspired by Wildebeest Chess.
- Renniassance Chess . Game played on several sizes of large board with 68 pieces per side.
- Rococo . A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board.
- Roman Chess . Commercial chess variant on 10x10 board with two non-royal kings added.
- Rotorblades Fusion Chess . A cross between my own Rotorblades Chess and Fergus Duniho's Assimilation Fusion Chess, with a few extra features.
- Royal Fury. A Futuristic Chessery Game - relaxed win rules.
- Royal Guard Chess . Royal Guards help defend King and all pieces can promote.
- Ryu Shogi . Large modern shogi variant.
- Samarcanda . Variant of Mideast Chess with Crooked Bishops.
- Schizophrenic Chess . Game on 12x7 board with Left and Right Schizzys, Bobbers, Teleporters and other exotic pieces.
- Schoolbook . Zillions file for Schoolbook.
- Schoolbook (updated) . Missing description
- Scion . Missing description
- Scirocco (original) . On ten by ten board with over thirty different pieces.
- Scirocco (revised) . On ten by ten board with over thirty different pieces.
- Seenschach . Variant on 10 by 10 board with lake in the middle and new pieces.
- Shako . Cannons and elephants are added in variant on 10 by 10 board.
- Shatranj Elephants. Missing description
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside).
- Shatranj Plus . Play four large historical variations of Shatranj including Tamerlane Chess!
- Shuffle Version Azchess . Missing description
- Sissa . Variant on 9 by 9 board with Sissa's, which move like a Bishop than a Rook, or like a Rook, then a Bishop.
- Skandaran Chess. Download Skandaran Chess at Zillions Website.
- Spinal Tap Chess . Variant on an 11x11 board with a once-a-game mass 'Battle Move' of Pawns and Crabs.
- Spinal Tap vs Terror Chess . The Spinal Tap Chess army vs the Terror Chess army in the battle of the 11x11 variants.
- Squarcle Chess . Orthogonal pieces travel in square loops, diagonal pieces reflect.
- SSShess . Missing description
- Star Pool Chess . Large variant of Makruk, with a center non-square that acts as a bridge.
- Stealth Ninja Chess . Dynamic but balanced game with short-range leapers, and unusual sliding pieces: the Stealth Gryphon and Anti-Gryphon.
- Step by Step Handicap Chess . Missing description
- Storm the Ivory Tower . Play this Smess adaptation of Chinese Chess with Zillions of Games.
- Sudoku Chess . Missing description
- Sudoku War . A fight that takes place in a Sudoku.
- Super Chess III . Big proprietary game with archers and cyclopses.
- Super Knights Grand Chess . The original Super Knights with the Archbishop, Amazon, and Chancellor, as well as two more exciting and innovative games.
- Super Maharadscha . Missing description
- Symmetric Sissa . Variant on 9 by 9 board with symmetric setup and two Sissa's (generalized Knight-like sliders).
- Symmetrical Chess Collection. Collection of several large symmetric chess variants with only line pieces.
- Symmetron! 112 . Large version of Symmetron!, with a third modifier.
- Tamerlan Chess . Westernized version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Tamerlane Chess . A well-known historic large variant of Shatranj.
- Tamerlane II . Modern variant based upon ancient large chess variant.
- TamerSpiel . Modern large chess variant with elements of historic chess variants.
- Tandem-84 . Variant on two boards of 7 by 6 rows with pieces moving between boards.
- TenCubed Chess. Variant on 10 by 10 board with combination pieces (Zillions file).
- Terran Chess (Galactic Federation) . Chess from the 24th century?
- Terror Chess . Variant on 11 by 11 board with combination pieces.
- Tetrahedral Chess . 3d chess variant with board in form of tetrahedron.
- Three Fat Brothers Chess . On a 9x9 board with 3 royal pieces.
- Torus Chess . Large chess variant on torus shaped board.
- Touranian International . 10x10 Chess variant.
- Tournoy . Pieces have orientation that can be rotated.
- Trans-Dimensional Chess . Large 3-D game with a field of twenty 3x3x3 cubes arranged in three levels.
- Transporter Chess . Large variant with transporters and several new pieces.
- Tree garden chess . Large chess variant on 10 by 10 board with 4 by 4 area missing from the middle.
- Treeleaders Chess . Download these files to play this large variant with non-similar armies with Zillions of Games!
- TriMac HexChess . Zillions Rule File and Graphics.
- Turkish Chess . 8x10 board with different combination pieces, Vao and Pao.
- Twenty-first Century chess . A Zillions file to play an updating of Chess for the video game generation, on a 10x8 board with Barons and Jesters.
- Two Kingdoms . A decimal variant with a more powerful knight, and an added Archer piece.
- Typhoon . Variant on 12 by 12 board with many different pieces.
- Typhoon (Revised) . Missing description
- Ultra Chess. On 10 by 10 board with two queens, and major pieces have an additional king's move.
- Ultra Slanted Escalator Chess . Game on an asymmetrical board of 84 squares with Crabs and Ultras.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess . Variant based on modern warfare.
- Unicorn Chess . 10x10 variant with a new piece that moves as a Bishop or a Nightrider.
- Universal Handicap Chess . Missing description
- Venomous . The Sissa and Sorcerer Snake on a large board chess system with Ninja Pawn drops.
- Viking Chess . Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board.
- Vyremorn Chess . Large variant on two overlapping square boards.
- Wa Shogi. Large Shogi variant from the 17th century or earlier.
- The War of the Stars . Missing description
- War of the Worlds . Chess army from planet Earth against the Martian forces of Jetan.
- Weave and Dungeon . Abstract game played on a board divided into Weave and Dungeon, with movement following different rules on each part.
- Where Eagles Fly . Missing description
- Wildebeest Chess . Variant on an 10 by 11 board with extra jumping pieces.
- Wizard Chess . Variant on 12 by 7 board with fantasy pieces (includes Advanced Wizard Chess).
- Wizard's War . Game with piece-creating Wizards and a board divided into arena and enchanted sections.
- Wolf Chess. Half-century old variant on 8 x 10 board with many unusual pieces.
- Wreckage! . Features 3 new pieces: the Detonator, Dragon and the Flying Guillotine plus 5 Ninja Pawns.
- Xhess . Decimal variant with Nightriders and Cannons.
- Xhess . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Yáng Qí - Oriental Graphics . Yankee ingenuity adds new power to Chinese Chess.
- Zhou Xia. Two decimal variants played with very powerful Xiangqi-like pieces.
- ZigZag Madness . Its madness when the standard chess pieces clash with ZigZag Bishop, ZigZag Rook, Ferz-Knight, Wazir-Knight and Ninja Pawns!
Zillions and Large | Zillions and Large
Large | Large
Top of page
Total items listed: 319