The ShortRange Project
This is a rules file for Zillions of Games, a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules to. With Zillions-of-Games installed, this rules file will let you play this game against your computer.
The ShortRange Project is a joint effort from Christine Bagley-Jones and Joe Joyce. There are five zrf's contained within, as follows.
1. HyperModern Shatranj (2 variants)
2. HyperModern Great Shatranj (4 variants)
3. LongRange ShortRange piece Mix (4 variants)
4. Shatranj 10x8 (2 variants)
5. Alice Shatranj (20 variants)
You can download this game on the Zillions of Games website with this link.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure you have the "Use folder names" checkbox checked when you extract the files.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Christine Bagley-Jones and Joe Joyce.
Last revised by Christine Bagley-Jones.
Web page created: 2007-01-05. Web page last updated: 2007-01-05