Sample Game #2This game was played by Zillions against itself on an Athlon 1GHz with only 3 seconds per move. The White Ringbearer is kept safe throughout this game.
1. Ne2-d4 Pe6-e5 2. Na2-c3 Pc7-c5 3. Nb4-b3 Pc5-c4 4. Bd1-e2 Pc4xb3 5. b2=P*
|When playing White, both in this game and the 8x8 version,
Zillions thinks it's good to reveal the Ring as soon as possible,
because the Pawn has more movement options available when it
has the Ring. To this end, Zillions sacrifices a Knight for
the privilege of gaining a Ringbearer.
6. P*b2xb3 Na7-c6 7. P*b3-c4 Bd8-a5 8. Bc1-b2 Pb7-b5 9. Pd2-d3 Pd7-d5 10. Re1-d1 Bc8-e6 11. P*c4-c5 Qb8-b6 12. Pd3-d4 Pe5xd4 13. Pe3xd4
|The White Ringbearer has been thrust into the center of
the board, without a whole lot of support. But, as it's only
attacked by the Black Queen, it's safe for the moment.
13. ... Ra8-b8 14. Be2-d3 Nc6xd4 15. Nc3-a4 Pb5xa4 16. Bb2xd4 Qb6-c7 17. Bd3xa6 Rb8xb1 18. Ra1xb1 Re8-a8 19. Rb1-b7 Ra8xa6 20. Rb7xc7 Ba5xc7
|Carnage erupts all around the poor Ringbearer, who is now
defended by a Bishop.
21. P*c5-b5 Ra6-d6 22. Bd4-a7+ Kc9-d8 23. Ba7-c5 Be6-d7 24. Rd1-b1 Rd6-e6 25. Rb1-b4 Ne7-c6 26. Rb4-b2 Bc7-e5 27. Rb2-b1 Be5-d4 28. P*b5-b6 Kd8-c9 29. Bc5xd4 Nc6xd4 30. P*b6-a7 Re6-e8
|Now White must somehow defeat Black's remaining Rook and
destroy the Ring.
31. Rb1-b7 Bd7-c6 32. Rb7-b6 Bc6-b5 33. Kc0-d1 Re8-c8 34. Rb6-b7 Bb5-c6 35. Rb7-b6 Nd4-b5 36. P*a7-b7 Bc6-d7 37. Rb6-a6 Nb5xa3
Written by Robert Price.
WWW page created: March 8th, 2002.