- AlterWay. Shareware program. Find a sequence of moves taking all black pieces. By Aleksey Bartashnikov.
- BCMShogi. A versatile and customizable Shogi program. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Bernard C. Maerz.
- BlindChess. A blindfold program (optional board), good for training (DOS freeware). By M Winther.
- Blindfold. Shareware program. Visualize and remember a sequence of chess positions. By Aleksey Bartashnikov.
- Bookie Chess. An online game generator which combines chess and gambling. By Tyler Wong.
- Brutalis . A program that helps to solve helpmates, with options for composing. Author: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Capablanca Chess program. A DOS program for Capablanca's chess, based upon GNU chess. Author: William Angel. Inventor: Jose Raul Capablanca.
- Chaturanga. Computer game that plays Chaturanga and many other variations.
- Chess 2000. A program that plays Chess 2000. Inventor: Gerhard Josten.
- Chess Mazes. Shareware program. Find a route for a piece that does not use an attacked square. By Aleksey Bartashnikov.
- Chess Miner. Shareware program. Add mines to undermine all black pieces. By Aleksey Bartashnikov.
- Chess3D. A program for building 3D chess boards. Author: Per Trygve Myhrer.
- Chessbrain Software . Link to website of company making shareware chess puzzle programs.
- ChessMaker. A simple program for creating Chess diagrams. Author: Mark Alexander.
- Color Chess. Freeware program playing variant on 36 colored squares. By Maarten Bodlaender.
- Dabbaba. Freeware program playing chess and a number of chess variants. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Jens Baek Nielsen. Inventor: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Discochess. Distributed Chess. By Marc A. Donis.
- Edmarks' Strategy Challenges II Program. On their Website, you can download a demo that allows you to play the Jungle game against a human opponent on a PC.
- Fairy Forsythe Edwards Notation and ffen2htm. A tool to make webpages with chess variant diagrams. Author: Andy Kurnia.
- Fairy-Max. Free open source chess variant software. By H. G. Muller.
- Fairy-Max. A chess engine configurable for playing a wide variety of chess variants. By H. G. Muller.
- FairyGen. Generator for end-game tables with fairy pieces. By H. G. Muller.
- ffen2htm . A tool to make webpages with chess variant diagrams. Author: Andy Kurnia.
- Fog of War Chess. Players can only see certain squares. Plays on a computer application. Author: William Lee Sims. Inventor: Cameron Hendricks.
- Giveaway Chess Puzzle. Computer game that you have to lose all of your own pieces to win. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Hexagonal Boards . Java Utility. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Hexodus. Program that plays hexagonal chess (Glinski variant). Author: Grzegorz Sidorowicz.
- HiddenLynx. A beautiful, user-friendly, Windows program for Chinese Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Mikko Oksalahti.
- Jocly. An html-based web platform for playing 2-player abstract stategy games. Author: Michel Gutierrez.
- Joust. Missing description Author: Gerry Quinn.
- Keeps and Moats Chess. Computer Game -- beta test demo. By Matt Worden.
- KnightSweeper . Single player game similar to the Minesweeper computer game. By Michiel de Bondt.
- Kriegspiel Referee. Program that serves as a Kriegspiel referee. Author: Mac . Inventor: Henry Michael Temple.
- Laser Chess. Shoot lasers in chess variant from computer program. Author: Peter Venable. Inventor: Mike Duppong.
- Last Move. Shareware program. Add a king to make a mate position. By Aleksey Bartashnikov.
- Maniac . Chess and Chess Variants Program. By Subrah Nagappan.
- Metagame Game-Playing Workbench. Information on tool for game programs. Author: Barney Pell and Daniel Elliott Loeb.
- NetBlitz Chess Program. Plays bughouse. Author: Sébastien Lachance and Yannick Létourneau.
- Nuclear Chess . Program that plays Nuclear Chess on Linux or Mac OS X. Author: Harald Bartel. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Peter Chatterton's Gess Applet . Link to applet and program that play the game of Gess. Author: Peter Chatterton. Inventor: Archimedeans Mathematics Society.
- Scatha. Simple open-source hexagonal chess playing engine. Author: Tord Romstad.
- On ShareDebate International. Online BBS magazine, and software for chinese chess, Korean chess, and for making sets for these games. Author: Roleigh Martin.
- ShatraDev2 . Windows program to play Shatra against the computer. Author: Francis Monkman.
- Shocky. A program that plays Shogi. Author: Pauli Misikangas.
- Shogi Programs. Links to different programs that play Shogi. Author: Moshe Rapaport.
- Shogi Software. Shogi Software. Author: Terrance Davis.
- Shogi Variant Program. Home page of a freeware program, that allows humans to play shogi and 11 variants of shogi. (Link.).
- Shogi Variant Software . Index of shogi variant software (in Japanese). Author: Edward Strickland.
- Sjeng : a chess-and-variants playing program . Freeware program that plays chess and some variants, like giveaway chess and bughouse.
- SMIRF. Program that plays various 8x10 chess variants. Author: Reinhard Scharnagl.
- Sneaky. A WinBoard Compatible Chess Engine that plays Cheapmate Chess. Author: Gary Baydo. Inventor: Robert Price.
- The Sons of Mithra. Computer program for playing fantasy variant. Author: Michael Chang Gummelt. Inventor: Michael Chang Gummelt and Holly Gummelt.
- SphereChess . Downloadable files to play a spherical chess variant. By Lukas A. Saul.
- Thai Chess Program . Freeware program that plays Thai Chess (Makruk). Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Thai Chess v1.0. Freeware program that plays Thai Chess. (Link.).
- Tommy's Towers. Description (no rules) of very large chess variant from DOS-program.
- Tommy's Toys. Has available a shareware program that plays the Jungle Game.
- Uncle Wang Chinese Chess . Link to website of commercial program that plays Xiangqi.
- WinBoard_F. a GUI that supports Chess Variants. Author: H. G. Muller.
- Wise Board Editor . Interactive online chessboard. Author: Michal Ryszard Wojcik and Michal Stanislaw Wojcik.
- Zillions of Games. Game package for Windows that allows you to play nearly any abstract board game or puzzle in the world.
- Zillions of Games. It can play an endless variety of abstract board games, and we have a large collection of Chess variants you can play on it. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Jeff Mallett and Mark Lefler.
Total items listed: 66