External LinkThis is a link to an external site for: Alfonso X book
Alfonso X book: http://games.rengeekcentral.com/
Rose and Pentagram design is making and selling old boardgames, but they also have a website with pictures of the famous Codex of king Alfonso X. This book from the middle ages gives old chess problems, historic games, including some chess variants. You can find several beautifull pictures from the middle ages on this website, which unfortunately is not yet finished, and still has many links to non-existing pages.
Web page created: 1998-08-26. Web page last updated: 2002-05-28
- Four seasons chess.. Medieval multiplayer chess variant on 8 by 8 board. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Grande Acedrex. A large variant from 13th century Europe. (12x12, Cells: 144) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Grande Acedrex. Java applet that plays Grande Acedrex. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Grande Acedrex. Missing description Author: Daniil Frolov.
- Grande Acedrex . A large variant from 13th century Europe. Author: Marek14 .
- Grande Acedrex . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'GrandeAcedrex' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)