External LinkThis is a link to an external site for: 4-handed Chaturanga with dice
4-handed Chaturanga with dice: http://www.zillions-of-games.com/cgi-bin/zilligames/submissions.cgi/14604?do=show;id=1191
Chaturanga for four players probably originated in India about 1000 years ago, and is believed to be a development of 2-handed Chaturanga. At least until the end of the 19th century, a variant of 4-handed Chaturanga was played in several parts of India. In medieval times, the game was mostly played with dice (four-sided long dice), often with stakes involved.
Author: M Winther.
Web page created: 2006-03-05. Web page last updated: 2006-03-05
- Chaturanga. The first known variant of chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- 恰圖蘭卡(Chaturanga). 第一種已知的象棋類遊戲 (Chinese Language) Author: Ri S. Huang.
- Chaturanga. Oldest known form of chess. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Chaturanga. Oldest known form of chess. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- A Chaturanga Problem by Bas de Haas. Mate in two moves, following Chaturanga rules. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Bas de Haas.
- Chaturanga. Computer game that plays Chaturanga and many other variations.
- Chaturanga . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Chaturanga . Oldest known form of chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Chaturanga . Version with fancy graphics. Author: David Howe.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'chaturanga' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)