The Multiroyal Tag
A player has more than one royal piece. (They may be required to keep all of them safe or just always have one on-board.)
- 3D Chess War. Play 4 chess games at once, first game won wins the whole war.
- 4 Kings Quasi-Shatranj. Each side has 4 Kings, all pieces are short range. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Aire. River variant on H-shaped board, some parts of camps further back than others. (8x12, Cells: 72)
- Anti-King Chess. Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect; Anti-Kings are in check when not attacked. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!)
- Arktur. Two kings and randomized setup. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Ascension. 6x6 board with two Kings that promote to royal Queens.
- Avon. Four-player game; two players sharing the White and two the Black pieces. (8x10, Cells: 80)
- Backlash. Play on two boards, but capturing on one board leads to a backlash on the other! (2x(8x8), Cells: 132)
- Chaturanga - Four Kings - Double Mate. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Chieftain Chess. Missing description (16x12, Cells: 192)
- The Consuls. Chess with two Kings and Pawns that can capture as Bishop, Knight, and Rook on the enemy side.
- Double Chess. Two sets of pieces on 16 by 12 board. (16x12, Cells: 192)
- Double King Chess. With two kings on a 10 by 8 board. (10x8, Cells: 80)
- Great Stour. Diagonal-heavy mixed-camp variant on Courier board with River. (12x8, Cells: 96)
- Irwell. Gain an advantage by crowning your enemy. (8x10, Cells: 80)
- Magna Carta Chess. Black has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Multi-King Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Once More, with Deans. Subvariants of River-with-university-and-cathedral series with extra piece type.
- Pink Chess. White has two Kings, black two Queens as royal pieces.
- Spartan Chess. A game with unequal armies. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Tim's 3d Chess. On a 5x5x5 board with two kings per player. (5x(5x5), Cells: 125)
- Two Kings Chess. The queen is replaced by a second king. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Wey. Another variant in the same family as Avon, Cam, Isis, and Kennet. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- mini-Chieftain. One Small Multi-Move Game in Two Configurations. (8x8, Cells: 64)