Starts with the letter 'M'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Machiavellian Chess. Four-player all-against-all game with unusual pieces; also known as Djambi. Inventor: Jean Anesto.
- Macrochess . Board is formed by having a 4 by 4 grid at each side of a cube. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Mad Mate . Wooden set for chessgi: captured pieces change hands and can be used as reinforcement. Inventor: Alex Randolph.
- Mad Queen Shogi. Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Magichess . Chess variant that uses ideas from Magic: the Gathering card game. By Dennis Xay Voong.
- Magneticpawns Chess. Introducing the magnetic pawn, which can dislocate an enemy piece by magnetic force. Regular board and pieces (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Maka-Dai-Dai Shogi. Historical ultra large Shogi variant. Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Makruk. Burmese Chess. Author: Malcolm Maynard.
- Makruk experiences. Tim Krabbe's WWW page on his experiences with Makruk. Author: Tim Krabbé.
- Mangonel Chess. Introducing the remarkable Mangonel piece, which can hurl pieces over its head, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Maniac . Chess and Chess Variants Program. By Subrah Nagappan.
- Mark Davis's Chess Designs . With a round chess board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Mark Davis.
- Mastery . A Game of Skill for Two Players. Inventor: S John Ross.
- Mathewson's Hexagonal Chess. Glinski Hexagonal chess, but with different layout. By Richmond Mathewson.
- Matron Chess. Introducing the peculiar Matron queen, which makes regular chess more aggressive (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Maze. Cooperative chesslike game; commercial game. Inventor: Jim Deacove.
- La Mecca . Chess Encyclopedia. Author: Maurizio Mascheroni.
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Meridian Chess. Introducing the Meridian, bishop-capture combined with bifurcated bounce-move, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- MetamorphaChess . Pieces represented by dice change to another type after having moved. Inventor: Robert Dubisch.
- Metapontum . Cooperative chessvariant on hexagonal board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hans Theo Frenkel.
- Metapontum Peace Chess. Metapontum Peace Chess cooperative chess game. By Francois Tremblay.
- Michael's Chess. An elaboration of Lord Dunsany's Chess with varying Pawn sides. By Roger Cooper.
- Millennium 3D Chess (tm) . (Link.). Inventor: William L. D’Agostino.
- Millennium Chess . Commercial variant on 15 by 8 board with almost twice the normal set of pieces.
- Mindsports . Website of game inventor Christian Freeling, with online games. By Christian Freeling.
- MiniXiang. Missing description Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- MiniXiangqi. S. Kusumoto's MiniXiangqi - Chinese Chess on a 7x7 board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Missile Chess. Missing description Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Mob Strategy. Mob Strategy, The Takeover Game, presented by The Game Pile. By Jeff Rients.
- Modern Courier Chess . An attempt to reform the courier game by emulating the development of modern chess. By Paul Byway.
- Modern Shatranj. A bridge between modern chess and the historic game of Shatranj. Author: Christine Bagley-Jones and David Howe. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Monochrome Chess . All pieces are the same color. Players move pieces on their side of the board. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Andrew Looney.
- MoQi. MoQi, or Demon Game, is played upon a 10x10 field. By Larry L. Smith.
- Mori, Andrea . Website of Andrea Mori. Author: Andrea Mori.
- Mortar Chess. Introducing another piece named Mortar, a form of cannon, on an H-shaped board. Positionally advanced. With zrf. By M Winther.
- Mouse and Elephant . Large variant of the Jungle game. Inventor: Ulrich Roth.
- MSO Worldwide . Organizes yearly Mind Sports Olympics.
- Multi-Dimensional Multi-Player (MDMP) Chess. 2-8 player Chess, traditional and alternate armies, optional laser. By Donald Cimics.
- Muñiz, Alexandre . Alexandre Muñiz's Web Thing. Author: Alexandre Muñiz.
- Murmillo Chess. Introducing the Murmillo piece, and new collision-capture, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Mutant Chess . Pieces mutate during the game.
Top of page
Total items listed: 42